Monday, May 5, 2014

May blooms all over

It's that time of year and the flowers, trees and everything else is blooming.  For those of us who are seasonal sufferers, being outside is difficult.  So I knit a lot!

I was looking around for some ideas and a friend/customer suggested the Over the Helix Cowl.  It's worked in 2 colors of worsted weight yarn on a #10 needle.  Fun and fast.   So I downloaded the pattern from friendly Ravelry and started to search for just the right yarn combo.

I knew I wanted to try Pediboo Worsted in the tonals from Frog Tree.  I am partial to Frog Tree yarns but I hadn't tried this one yet.  Probably because everyone else likes them too!  And now I know why.  Yummy!! absolutely yummy.  This is a beautiful yarn.  Score 1 for Frog Tree.

I decided to pair this up with Mochi Plus from Crystal Palace because of color.  Here's my progress so far.


The photo just doesn't do it justice.  The Pediboo is a tonal grey, soft and springy.  Oh and did I mention this uses a linen stitch and we've added it as a class this summer?

The other project I'm working on right now is a summer scarf in Findley Dappled from Juniper Moon Farm.  The pattern is also on Ravelry and it's called the Feather and Fan Short Scarf.  It is a relaxing knit.  Of course Rae Ann was making one and I had to jump in too!

Next up is a little girl's dress called Goldilocks.  But that's a story for another day.

No comments: