Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Curveballs or is it Lemonade?

Last week I fractured my right wrist and yes I'm  right-handed.  Of course!  As any of you who know me, that's how things go!

Fortunately,  the break was clean and no surgery was required.  Yeah!!!! I am now the proud owner of a 10" Breg splint - to match the soft glove splints and the 8" splints I had for the carpal tunnel.  Might we soon start a used medical supply at our house?  No cast, no pins or plates - so that's a win!

While we are here, I'll apologize for typos now.  I start PT tomorrow and haven't been allowed to do anything but wiggle the fingers gently for a week.  Absolutelty nothing else!  Not even pull up my pants for.....I'll let you use your own imagination.

Yes, it could be worse but there is so much knitting to do!  and crochet.  Just saw the Churchmouse Crochet Linen Stitch Scarf and I want to do it now.  New yarns are coming in every day and it's so difficult to behave.

So we have been spending lots of time in doctors offices and several of them.  We also had our 6-month sojourn to PSU Hershey Medical Ctr for Honey's Melanoma checkup.  Great folks, great care!  And great results.  So those curve balls can't get us down and that Lemonade is going to taste ever so sweet this Memorial Day weekend!

Hope you all have a good one.  And take a moment to remember, to say thank you, to salute our Flag, to enjoy a parade in your area!

No comments: