Friday, February 24, 2012

Senior moments


You know a senior moment when it hits - set the alarm for Bob's Midnight meds, the 5:30 AM wake up and 6AM meds again last nite. Went to bed early (for me and prolly the cause of it all). Alarm went off and I rolled - really! - out of bed and hit the wall. Didn't know where I was except I had to get a shower fast so I could get him up and off to PSHershey for his treatment. Rushed into the shower, was drying off (just so you get the picture or maybe you don't want that imagine printed on your brain) and thought - did I wake up and give him his midnite meds? See what's coming. Looked at phone, went into bedroom and looked at clock-radio and couldn't figure out why it said 12:16?????@@@ then it hit me. It wasn't time to get up - it was med alarm and I still had 5 1/2 hr of sleep!! Gave Bob his pills, turned out the lites and went to bed - wet head and all. Called it a dress rehearsal. LOL!
 
Watching how brave Bob is has given me a new respect for folks who walk this path.  It is so difficult and sometimes heartbreaking and BRAVE!!!  He has no appetite yet I have to make him eat.  Sometimes he can't keep it down - sometimes I can't either.  But we have one more week of treatments and thena couple of more weeks til the side effects disappear.  He can do it and so can I.  With the help of wonderful doctors, nurses, family and even the valet parking guys.
 
It's just one more turn in the road.
 
And I can't wait til we are around the bend.
 
Fortunately, I have some wonderful friends who have stepped in and worked the shop so I could take Bob to his treatments.  Without them we would have closed - maybe permanently.  Not what we wanted but .... so Rae-Ann and Marcia, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.  Also to teacher Karen for soldiering on even when I wasn't as attentive as I should be.  Hopefully we can get back to "normal" soon and have a great spring adventure knitting and crocheting some new fashions.
 

No comments: