Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Daydreaming

The other night I thought I was daydreaming, er, eveningdreaming!  I usually don't pay much attention to TV commercials but while watching the Grammy awards - of course to watch my girl Adele- I saw a Target commercial that wisked me back to my childhood.

                        Alouette, gentille Alouette


                        Alouette je te plumerai

                       Je te plumerai la tête

                      Et la tête, et la tête

                     Alouette, Alouette

Thank you Memere and Mom for teaching me this song when I was a little girl and dancing around and around while singing this song in the song of our heritage.  Oh the memories that spun through my mind.  And then I remembered my mother, Jeff's Memere, singing this song to him as a toddler, playing silly games in the backyard.  Trying to pass on this little bit of heritage that we were so far removed from since we had moved so far from our home state and family.

Now in June I will be a Memere and can pass this on to another generation.  Can't wait.  Hopefully she will enjoy it as much as we have. 

Thank you Memere and Mom.  It's a wonderful memory.



No comments: