Thursday, October 23, 2014

Busy Fall

It seems like fall is on roller skates or a skateboard!  Whew!  It's going so fast and I'm feeling like I can't keep up.

So let's catch up some.  Here's the Mayapple shawl for those of you who don't Facebook or follow up in Ravelry.  I love knitting with Claudia Hand Paints Yarn Addiction.  This was in the Gallery at Knitters' Day Out and now hangs in the shop.


Moving on tho'.  We've gotten so many new yarns in and there have been so many classes and Kals/CALs going on.  Where shall I start?  Do you like KALs or CALs?  KAL = knit a-longs; CAL = crochet a-longs.  Okay, one of - er two of the new yarns are Liberty Wool in worsted weight and Liberty Wool Light in sport weight are from Classic Elite Yarns.  I worked up the Molly Scarf (class on Tuesday, Oct 28th) and Jo did a ZuZu's Petals cowl in the Light.  


Another yarn in from Dream in Color is Jilly and it is so soft.  The handpaint colors are smashing


And then it was time to look at some of the heavier yarns for hats, cowls, scarfs and warmer gear.  so we got in Zumie

It's a super bulky and comes with 2 patterns on the label - one a cowl and one a hat!  What a deal and the yarn is soft, 110 yards to a skein.

Want a fun scarf or some trim to snazz up a scarf or infinty scarf?  Try some Fur!  Yep, Wicked Fur and we have 5 colors



And we have a KAL going on.  It's Bearfoot Over the Shoulder Cowl and it's not too difficult.
We're using Bearfoot yarn from Mountain Colors.  Here's the beginning of mine.

The crocheters just finished a CAL - the Etheria Cowl and it's really pretty too!

Any fans of Outlander out there?  I must admit, I started the first book not sure what I would find when they talked about time-travel.  Not a sci-fi kind of fan but I am hooked.  Just started the 3rd book and I went looking on Ravelry.  To my surprise there are a bunch of projects.  So I decided to make a pair of fingerless mitts.  I used the new Pure Wool Worsted from Rowan.  Yum!

I'll try to be more faithful as the Fall goes on.  This is just the tip of all the yarns arriving and I have so much knitting to do.  See you soon.

No comments: