Sunday, September 7, 2014

Guest rooms are for guests?

Guest rooms are for guests?  Realllly?  Who knew?  I always thought they were for those of us in the fiber arts to do what we do.  Where else are you going to block those large projects?

After all,  floors are for walking on and t-pins aren't comfortable to step on in the dark.  Am I right?

So I just spent 45 minutes blocking my Knitters' Day Out gallery piece.  am trying to be so-not-last-minute this year.  Just last 2 weeks.  And I must admit that this time I was nervous.  Why you ask?


Because I loved knitting this piece.  Because I joined the KAL for it and I don't want to look poorly.  Because it was a labor of love.  Because after I fractured my wrist I was scared that I couldn't knit this kind of project well anymore.  Because....

So as much as I would love to give you all a peek at it, you'll just have to wait or come to the Knitters' Day Out Market Place on September 19 or 20th to see it in the gallery.


And so far I am pleased with all of the above - even the 45 minutes to block.  Can't wait to see it dry!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looking forward to seeing this!